I have been sharing goals I set myself for a couple of years now and I must admit that by doing so, it keeps me alert, it keeps me on track, it makes me do my best to actually do something with these goals… because honestly… when I share them here on the worldwide web and then do nothing about them, I’d be making rather a figure out of myself now wouldn’t I?!
So for the third year in a row now, I will bore you with the goals I want to achieve for the coming year and I will write an update every two months. Read on to find out which goals I will set myself for 2020!
Boost my energy
I have been writing these ‘boost your energy’ blogposts lately and many more will come your way here on ‘The good, the fab and the lovely’. Soon I will share with you specific tips on how to work on that energy level of yours. Your job is to pick out those you feel comfortable with.
Of course I have to take care of my own energy level, I need to boost my own energy as well. So I have picked out a couple of things to do to spice up my energy level. As I speak of 5 different sources of energy in my ‘boost your energy’ series, I will pick tips to work on all 5 of them.
Concerning my body, there are a couple of things I want to take care off this year. I can’t deny that I am in my late forties, but luckily most of the time I feel way younger. There are already several things I do to take care of my body, but below I will write down a couple of tips I really want to bear in mind this year:
- start my day with a glass of lukewarm lemon water: I’ve already done this for a couple of months, but I don’t anymore. Actually there are a lot of reasons why you should drink lukewarm lemon water… more about that is coming in one of the next ‘boost your energy’ posts! Anyway, it’s my goal to be more aware of this healthy way to start my day!
- take enough exercise: more on that in the ‘passions’ department!
- listen to my body: in 2020 I want to pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me. Why am I feeling tired? Why am I breaking out? Why does my neck hurt? Why have I got this headache? Our body often gives us signs which we ever so often ignore. In 2020 I want to listen to what my body is trying to tell me… I will try not to ignore these signs and find a way to actually do something about the problem…
- eat healthy: that’s something I have always put as a goal… but it’s unfortunately not one that I easily succeed in! I am a bon vivant, I’ve got a sweet tooth, I like my glass of wine… or two… but I want to keep this one in my goals as a constant reminder!
To give extra thought to my… uhm… thoughts… I have decided to do a couple of things:
– I want to spend more time reading motivational and inspirational books and articles
– I will write down my favourite quotes in a notebook and I will try to specify why that quote is so special for me at that time in my life.
In my updates, I will share with you some quotes or articles/books so I can inspire and motivate all of you!
What did you dream of doing when you were 8? I dreamt of doing ballet! Because of practicalities I didn’t follow ballet classes when I was a kid, but I did gymnastics. However, ballet remained one of my biggest passions…
Now I won’t elaborate on the how’s and why’s of ballet being one of my passions (I’ll save the entire story for one of my ‘boost your energy’ posts!), but it definitely is my goal to devote a lot of my spare time on ballet in 2020.
Those of you who have been following my goal updates in 2019, may have already seen pictures of yours truly in a leotard and ballet flats, well, it’s definitely my goal to wear out lots of leotards and ballet flats in the years to come.
At the moment I do ballet classes as well as stretching classes and I love both oh so very much… I try to attend as many classes as my diary allows me to, usually two to five classes a week (the more I can attend, the happier I am!) 🙂
Some specific ballet goals I want to set myself for 2020 are:
- work on my turnout
- participate in the performance in May (sadly I had to skip that in 2019 because of an injury)
- perfect that bridge exercise and who knows… raise that one leg whilst doing it…
- not only do ballet at the Ballet Workout studio, but also practise at home regularly
Ballet has now become part of my life like it never has… and I am so thankful that even at age 48 I get so much pleasure out of it.
One more thing… something very special and important I like to mention: I am also very grateful that my husband supports me so much… attending lots of ballet classes means I can spend less time with him, but he really encourages me to chase that ballet dream. Thank you so much Peter for being so supportive and motivating… I love you so much for that ♥
Being connected to yourself and to the people surrounding you is ever so special. You often do it without thinking, but I really want to set it as a goal to consiously deal with connection. I really like to have that one special connection a week, a connection where I really want to be connected with body, mind and soul, where I really want to live in the moment.
Now it may sound silly to set this as a goal… aren’t we connected all the time? But now be honest… when you think of it, how many times do you really connect completely with something, with someone or even with yourself without being disturbed, without being distracted? And that’s what I’m reaching for… undisturbed connection… once a week! I hope to get a lot of energy out of those connections!
Now whatever you do from the heart is bound to give you loads of energy. Really opening up from the heart however can be very difficult, yet on the other hand extremely liberating.
Every two months I will open up about a topic that lies close to my heart. Writing this down, making this promise, makes me a bit nervous and anxious to be honest… I’m not sure yet how to put this goal into practice… we’ll see what happens I guess 😛
Besides boosting my energy, there are a couple of more things I want to work on…
Planning holiday trips
Now this is a fun one!!! I will actually start planning two fabulous trips in 2020: Scotland and Australia 🙂
In July we will finally be going to Scotland! We’ve been going to England uncountable times these past 30 years and Scotland has been on our list for a very long time… well… in July we will actually go there on a two week holiday. As I want to get the most out of our time in Scotland, I have started reading up on the regions we will visit. I want to find out which National Parks to visit, which castles to admire and which lochs to see. I will keep you posted!
A second trip I will have to plan, is my long-awaited holiday to Australia. Those of you who have been following me for longer, may now that I have been saving up these past couple of years for this trip of a lifetime. It’s starting to get more real now as I have actually made some decisions of the places I wish to visit, when I want to go and who will be joining me… I will be travelling with my best friend Katrien, who will join me the first two weeks. Then, I will probably join a guided tour for about a week and the final week I will spend with my highschool friend who moved to Australia more than 30 years ago. I’ve got plenty of time to plan this 1 month holiday and I will keep you updated on my plans.
And that’s it my dearest readers… those are my 2020 goals… As promised I will write an update every 2 months so I can share with you my progress, my thoughts, my successes and possibly also my failures…
Will you set yourself goals for 2020? Afraid you won’t be able to hold onto them? Then read this old post of mine in which I share with you how you can actually stuck to those New Year’s resolutions! The best of luck!