Today’s quote : dining

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well – Virginia Woolf

Oh… the pleasure of ‘dining’… don’t you just love that word so much more than the plain ‘eating’ ?!

Dining comprises so much more… and that doesn’t necessarily mean that dining should be outdoors in a restaurant or brasserie. No, you can enjoy the pleasures of fine dining at your house as well.

I do admit that at home we often just eat instead of dine… but the food does taste so much better when we do put a bit more effort in it… have an apéro with some snacks, set the table in our dining room instead of the kitchen, open a bottle of wine instead of coke or water, use the ‘good’ crockery and cutlery, light a candle, get out matching glasses instead of a hotchpotch of glasses we got for free with buying whatever…

Doesn’t the chef get more credits for slaving in the kitchen then?!

When writing my thoughts on this quote I think… why don’t we do that more often ? Why do we only dine in our dining room on special occassions ? Well… let me surprise my husband tonight and let me set the table in our dining room… he might look at me as if I have lost my marbles, but I bet he’ll be the first to ask ‘do we have some wine ?’…

Why don’t you dine instead of eat tonight… that is so much more enjoyable !

You can follow me on Instagram too you know?!

6 thoughts on “Today’s quote : dining

December 7, 2016 at 8:31 pm

ah I only had a soup tonight 🙂 so maybe tomorrow then haha

December 8, 2016 at 8:42 am

hahahaha 😀 perhaps 😀

December 6, 2016 at 7:51 am

We have one big open space containing the kitchen and the living room. That way, we always eat at the dining table :-).

December 7, 2016 at 8:33 am

Now thàt’s the perfect solution 😀 Thanks for reading and enjoy your Wednesday… Love, Kathleen

lorigreer said:
    December 6, 2016 at 4:38 am

I agree completely and often eat at my dining room table with my china and crystal. I love the feeling!

December 7, 2016 at 8:32 am

It’s so much more special isn’t it?! We should do it more often… thanks for reading and have a lovely day!Kathleen