Last week you could read my review on the cleanser I am currently using in the morning (under the shower) and today I will tell you all about the cleanser I am using at night!
It’s one from Kiehl’s, a brand I had heard and read about before and recently I bought a couple of products in the Antwerp store, including this Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil. Find out my thoughts below!
Kiehl’s is a beauty brand, known for its natural ingredients, it’s simple (but beautiful!) packaging and their distinct way of advertising: through worth of mouth, but especially by handing out large and many samples!
I have experienced this myself: I got out of the Antwerp Kiehl’s store with 2 new products and heaps of (large!) samples. That way I could properly try out some of their other products which will make me buy more at Kiehl’s… great thinking Kiehl’s 😀
By the way: they also have a good recycling system which is also appreciated by the public.
This is what I could read on the Kiehl’s website:
“How does it work? This all-in-one, non-comedogenic cleansing formula emulsifies with water to become a cleansing milk. This gently, yet effectively helps dissolve difficult-to-remove makeup and impurities – without over-drying. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil not only leaves skin fresh and clean, but also balanced, soothed and prepared for optimal night-time replenishment. Bye-bye panda eyes, hello beauty sleep!
What’s more, the facial cleanser is made from an aromatic blend of pure botanical oils: Squalane, a planted-derived lipid with a natural affinity for skin; evening primrose oil, rich in Omega-6 Fatty Acids; and lavender essential oil.
It’s soap-free, sulphate-free and mineral oil-free, so for your one-stop cleanser look no further than Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil.”
How to use
I use two pumps of product and gently massage it in circular movements on my face and neck. I also use it on my eyes to remove my eye make-up.
After massaging it in thorougly, I take just a splash of water and keep on massaging to take off all dirt and make-up. Finally, I rinse it all off with some lukewarm water.
It’s the first step of my evening cleansing routine. After using this cleanser, I use a micellar water to really make my skin as cleans as can be!
- The smell… it has a hint of lavender in it and I absolutely love it! It’s an aromatic pleasure using this product!
- Hygienic in use with a handy pump system.
- It leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh, soft and moisturized.
- Even though it is an oil, it doesn’t make my skin greasy at all.
- It even tackles the waterproof mascara I use!
- Can be used on all types of skin.
- It’s save to use on the eyes as it is ophthalmologist tested.
- This is a 100% natural product which contains:
- Evening primrose oil to boost the radiance.
- Lavender essential oil to soothe irritated skin and to make it more bright.
- Squalane to help restore the skin’s natural moisture balance
- Beautiful packaging.
- Economic in use: I have used this cleanser for about 3 months now and I am halfway through the bottle.
- Not very cheap, but one bottle will last me about 5-6 months.
Close to perfection in my opinion: this cleanser has quickly become one of my favourite beauty products!