During warm summer days, I don’t like to wear a lot of make-up and especially foundation can feel too much. So I went looking for an alternative and I bought these two products…
- Estée Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release Moisturizer (of which you could read my thoughts in last week’s post
- Erborian BB Crème
Time now to reveal my thoughts on the infamous BB crème!
Last week you could read that I was not overall satisfied with the Estée Lauder creme. Of course this is only a tinted daycreme and not a BB, so perhaps I shouldn’t compare these two products as they have a different purpose. But since I have bought them both as a replacement for my foundation during warm summer days, I want to give my opininon whether they are sufficient for me or not…
Apparantly the BB of Erborian is a 5-in-1 product… and I LOOOOOVE multi-use products… but first let’s find out a bit more on the website!
“The true secret of the Korean skin perfection: Enriched with SPF 20, BB CRÈME AU GINSENG transforms the appearance of your skin with a velvety, ultra-soft finish. BB CRÈME AU GINSENG Doré is a darker shade; contains an association of traditional herbs, used in Asia for ages.
Our break-through high-tech formulation helps:
1. Evens out and mattifies the complexion
2. Moisturise and “plump” the skin
3. Refine skin’s texture
4. Reduce the appearance of blemishes.
5. Give a non-oily, velvety finish. Your skin is visibly softer, smooth and beautiful with a silky feel, just like “baby skin”.”
Now this sounds almost too good to be true… let’s hope it can live up to its promises!
- SPF 20
- Feels comfortable on my skin, even when I am sweating!
- Evens out my complexion and blends in very well.
- My skin feels hydrated and not greasy.
- Comes in several shades: as my skin was already a bit tanned, ‘doré’ was the best shade for me. When I’m a bit paler again, I will have to buy another shade however.
- Quite economical in use.
- Can be used without serum and daycream, but I like to use these products first and then apply the BB. On hot days however, I skip the first two steps as I just don’t want to wear all those layers on my face!
- Perfect for those ‘I don’t wear a lot of make-up’-days!
- None that I can think of.
This BB is definitely something… I could even wear it in winter I guess without missing my foundation!
No doubt that this one is the better alternative for my foundation… but I want to emphasize once again, that this is a BB whereas the Estée Lauder one is a tinted daycream, which of course has a different purpose/use.