I don’t know how many different concealers I have used during my entire life… a lot, believe me… and as I hadn’t yet tested the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Light Eye Concealer (what a name!), I wanted to try it out as I had read positive things about it. Did I like it?? Read on to find out what my thoughts are!
This is what I could read on the Maybelline website:
“Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. The eye area appears radiant and refreshed in no time.
This super-concentrated treatment concealer features a micro-corrector applicator to help instantly erase dark circles and fine lines. Infused with goji berry and Haloxyl™.”
How to use
I apply the concealer with the soft applicator, but I tend to blend it out with my beauty blender. I use the concealer underneath my eyes, but also beside my nostrils as my skin tends to be a bit red in that area.
- Handy system, every drop can be used!
- Gives a smoothing effect.
- Comes in 6 different shades.
- Lightweight product, so it doesn’t look cakey.
- As it’s lightweight, it’s perfect for the aging skin: the product doesn’t sit in any creases!
- Doesn’t give enough coverage for my dark circles, but I think I should have bought another colour as this one is too fair for me!
- Not very cheap for a drugstore product (13,29 EUR for a tube) but there are often promotions at my drugstore, so I could buy it for less.
- It was a struggle pulling off the plastic of the tube!!! (In the end it all came off as you can see on the pictures 😀 !)
I like the ‘erasing’ bit and I like it being lightweight, but I would like to have more coverage. I do think though that that is my own fault… I really think I bought the wrong shade, so I will buy this concealer again, but in a different shade which will hopefully give more coverage.