The best way to boost your energy at the start of a new day? Drink a glass of lukewarm lemonwater! How and why? Read on 🙂
Good thing: you don’t have to be a kitchen princess to make this 😀 Just squeeze half of a large lemon, mix the lemon juice with 250 ml of lukewarm water and hey presto… done!
To save a bit of time in the morning, you can always squeeze a couple of lemons and store the juice in the fridge for a maximum of 3 days.
Drink the lukewarm lemonwater first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. OK, it is a bit sour, but you actually get used to the taste quite quickly.
Drinking lukewarm lemonwater has many advantages:
- natural way to activate energy
- hydrates your body (it helps to maintain the pH balance of your body)
- gives oxygen to your body
- counteracts adrenal depletion
- boosts your immune system
- balances acidity
- improves your digestion and helps to regulate your natural bowel movement
- lowers your blood pressure
- improves liver function (it helps the liver get rid of toxins)
- increases your concentration
- counteracts wrinkle formation
- suppresses appetite
- it freshens your breath and is good for your dental health (it helps to prevent gingivitis)
I never knew drinking lukewarm lemonwater had so much advantages until I read up on the subject. Last year, I drank lukewarm lemonwater in the morning for months on end but at one time I stopped doing so. It is now one of my goals for 2020 to drink a glass of lukewarm lemonwater on as many mornings as possible!
WARNING: if you have an oversensitive stomach or another medical problem, ask your doctor if you’re allowed to drink lukewarm lemon water!
Do you think you can apply this tip? Or does the sound of it make you a bit sour?? Then just think of all the advantages… and remember: you get used to the sour taste quicker than you think!