This dish has it all… it’s tasteful, spicy, fresh, easy to make and cheap! It’s liked by young and old, and it can be eaten no matter what season… What are you waiting for?!
spice sausages (inspired from a recipe from the book ‘supersimpel’ by Mette Ankarloo) with a fresh spinach/herb salad
Ingredients (for 4)
- spicey sausages: 600 grams of chipolata, 4 cloves of garlic (peeled and smashed), 1 red pepper (seeded and roughly chopped), 1/2 lemon (cut in 4 pieces), 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil, 2 tablespoons of molasses, 2 tablespoons of sambal oelek, 3 sprigs of thyme (or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme), 200 grams of cherry tomatoes, black pepper
- fresh salad: 200 grams of lambs lettuce, 200 grams of baby spinach, 1 pointed pepper (chopped in small pieces), 2 shallots (finely chopped), handful of fresh parsely (finely chopped), handful of fresh basil (finely chopped), 1/2 lemon (juice), 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
How to make?
- Preheat the oven at 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix the oil, molasses and sambal oelek in a little bowl.
- Put the sausages, garlic and thyme in the baking tray, cover with the marinade and toss well.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and put the squeezed out pieces in the baking tray.
- Season with black pepper.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Whilst the sausages are baking in the oven, make the fresh salad by tossing together all ingredients.
- You can serve this dish with ovenroasted rosemary potatoes, a pasta pesto or some ciabatta.
I hope I have given you some cooking inspiration! Bon appétit…