Quotes: Quotes about age

the end of a long hot day

Do you have problems with getting older? I don’t 😀 so I will definitely celebrate the fact that I’m turning 46 this Friday… and I will celebrate life!

Honestly… to this moment I don’t mind birthdays. And for those who have a bit more difficulties with the fact that age is creeping up on them, I share some beautiful, funny and true quotes about age and growing older… because it really just isn’t that hard to blow out a candle more on that birthday cake!

And no… I don’t say that just to console myself 😀

‘Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.’ – Anais Nin (and how I hold on to the ones I love…)

love
Holding hands with the love of my life…

‘We don’t grow older. We grow riper.’ – Pablo Picasso (and wiser!!)

‘Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of compassion wrinkles the heart’ – Lynda Cheldelin Fell (OK, I do try to take care of my skin… but I’d rather have wrinkles on my face than wrinkles in my heart!)

Some (!) wrinkles and little eyes… but oh so happy and not couting the years!

‘Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am.’ – Unknown (I soooo love this quote… I think it’s made especially for me!!)

IMG_4773
One of my favourite sunset pictures… in Paris with my best friend Katrien!

‘How strange to see the wrinkles on the side of my eyes growing and getting deeper the older I get. I laugh. A lot. This is the proof and they are my scars of happiness.’ – Tyler Knott Gregson

‘At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.’ – Ann Landers (so true… just do what you like and be who you are and don’t mind what others think!!)

This was taken on my 40th birthday… enjoying life at the fullest!

If you’ve got more quotes about age, birthdays and getting older, feel free to share them in the comments below!

Purple city
One more fab sunset… on another one of my fab trips… London!

10 thoughts on “Quotes: Quotes about age

The Emma Edit said:
    October 4, 2017 at 9:03 pm

You are good, fab and lovely Kathleen! Love all of the quotes :). Happy Birthday for Friday, have a great day! 🙂

October 5, 2017 at 11:01 am

awwww… thank you so much for this sweet comment Emma!! I will certainly have a fab day tomorrow… took a day of… woop woop 🙂 Love, Kathleen x

Lindsey said:
    October 4, 2017 at 6:25 pm

I love these quotes. I sometimes forget that age is just a number and it doesn’t define who I am. These were great quotes and I think something we all need to remember.
    P.S. Happy early birthday

October 4, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Yay!! Love this reply! Thanks for the birthday wishes and let’s keep on celebrating life 😀 Love, Kathleen x

theglassofclass said:
    October 4, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I don’t think I can think of a better time for me to read this post! I’m turning 23 this Friday and even though I’m not scared of this number, I’m scared of getting older because time goes by so quickly! I need to learn to appreciate every day more and not worry about the little things. I need to learn to enjoy my life more! Thank you for that. And I want to say that YOU LOOK AMAZING. I would never say you were 46!

Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

October 4, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Hahaha… just half my age!!! Have a fabulous 23th birthday and enjoy your special day… oh… and thanks for the lovely compliment… made my day 😉 Love, Kathleen

Kerry LifeandLoves said:
    October 4, 2017 at 1:40 pm

You look beautiful in your photos Kathleen, and I wish you a happy birthday for Friday. Some great quotes here, and they fully resonate with me. I embrace my 40’s fully xx

October 4, 2017 at 7:25 pm

hear hear to women in their forties 😀 thanks for the birthday wishes! Love, Kathleen

October 3, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Age is just a number 🙂 I don’t have a problem with aging either every age has its charmes.