I nearly always use a foundation and I’m always on the look-out for something new… something better… something that offers a little extra… and if that comes at an attractive price… well, that makes me one happy person 🙂
The last few months I have been using a foundation of Hema, the Skin Protecting Illuminating Foundation so I guess a review’s in order!
Hema is a Dutch company selling loads of stuff… from gift cards and stationery to clothes, kitchenware and also make-up! The last couple of years they have extended their make-up range and they can now compete with other highstreet brands.
This is what I could read on the Hema website:
‘Foundation with a silky soft structure and light-reflecting pigments for a radiant end result and a light to moderate cover. Hyaluronic acid improves the moisture balance of the skin and SPF30 helps to protect the skin against external influences. Contains no perfume and is dermatologically tested.’
- What I really like about this foundation is, that it’s got an SPF 30 to help to protect the skin. I’ve got fair skin which burns easily in summer, so this foundation helps to protect it.
- The coverage is light to moderate, but that is sufficient for me as I still want a natural effect.
- Very lightweight formula.
- Beautiful packaging. It’s got a luxury feel to it, coming in a glass bottle.
- Handy pump system.
- The price! I saw on the UK website that it costs 9 GBP which is a good price for a foundation. In Belgium it comes in even cheaper (9 EUR) and in Holland it’s only 7,50 EUR! I recently visited Holland so I stocked up 🙂
- Comes in many different shades (14 I think it is!).
- Even though the pump system is handy and hygienic, I couldn’t get all the product out. The last week or so, I put the bottle upside down and just shook the bottle for the foundation to come out…
This is a very good foundation at a very competitive price!