L’Oréal Paris has started a new makeup collection, the first flattering makeup range created for mature skin: the Age-Perfect range, tailored for mature skin.
I have bought a couple of items from the collection, so the next few weeks you can expect a couple of reviews about these new L’Oréal Paris products
I will talk about 4 products:
- the Age Perfect Radiant Foundation
- the Age Perfect Radiant Concealer
- the Age Perfect Satin Glow Blusher in Rosewood
- the Age Perfect Rouge Lumière Lipstick in Brilliant Brown
Today I will start off with the base of any makeup: the foundation. Will it top my all-time favourite, the Double Wear foundation from Estée Lauder? Read on to find out!
This is what I could read on the L’Oréal Paris website:
‘Our first lightweight feel foundation, designed especially for mature skin. Blurs fine lines and imperfections, for brighter,smoother looking skin’.
- I love the light consistency of the foundation. I start with a very thin layer and then put on a second even thinner layer. That way, the foundation doesn’t wear off that easily.
- Many different shades. I use the Rose Beige now, but in summer I might have to use a shade darker.
- Easy, handy and hygienic pump system.
- Gives my skin a radiant look.
- Blends in really well with my skin.
- The foundation hydrates my skin. I don’t feel like wearing foundation.
- It’s not the cheapest foundation, but definitely cheaper than the ones from high-end products. Most drugstores do regular promotions, so you might score it at a more profitable price than it normally is (I did anyway!).
- I think it’s a pity that a foundation especially for mature skin doesn’t have an SPF in it.
- Wears off more easily than the Double Wear foundation from Estée Lauder.
I am kind of hooked on the Double Wear foundation from Estée Lauder. Even though I cannot compare this foundation with the Double Wear (other consistency, less coverage, wears off more easily) I love using it.
I normally use this foundation on weekdays, but when going to a party or when I know my make-up will have to last very long (like on a long daytrip) I use the Double Wear.
Which foundation do you use? tell me in the comments!