Today it’s time for the recipe from one of my favourite desserts… zabaglione (also know as sabayon actually). I prefer to eat zabaglione with red fruit/forest fruit and a scoop of vanilla ice. The heat of the zabaglione makes the icecream melt and it’s actually just heaven in your mouth 🙂
zabaglione with champagne, icecream and red fruit (inspired by a recipe from jeroen meus)
Ingredients (for 4)
5 egg yolks (keep half an eggshell to measure the rest of the ingredients!), 3 half eggshells of fine white sugar, 1 half eggshell of vanilla sugar, 3 half eggshells of champagne, 4 scoops of vanilla icecream, red fruit (raspberries, strawberries, red berries, blueberries, blackberries,… pick what’s on offer and what you like!)
How to make?
- Putt all ingredients in a pan. Don’t put on the fire just yet, but whisk the cold mixture by hand.
- Slowly heat up the mixture whilst stirring firmly and continuously until the mixture is frothy.
- A tip: you can whisk the mixture together by hand when cold. Once you heat up the mixture, you can use an electric mixer as this is heavy work!
- Put some red fruit in a glass, put on a scoop of icecream and 1/4 of the frothy zabaglione.
- Enjoy this heavenly dessert!
I hope I have given you some cooking inspiration! Bon appétit…