Aaaah… mascara… what would I do without?! I’ve got these teeny tiny, unnoticable lashes that just scream for a daily dose of mascara! My favourite mascara is the ‘wake me up’ mascara from Rimmel (read about it here), but when I read a review on this Volume Colourist mascara, also from Rimmel, I decided to try it out.
This mascara actually promises to darken the natural colour of your eyelashes. Now this would be absolutely fantastic as my lashes have this mousy colour. So I really and truly wanted to believe it would give my eyelashes that extra bit of pizazz… but could it actually do as it promises??? Let’s find out!
This is what I could read on the Rimmel website:
“Reveal darker lashes with and without mascara!
• Darkens bare lashes in two weeks
• In an instant, lashes appear fuller and longer.
• Tapered, lash-intensifying brush wraps every lash with blacker than black pigments”
- This mascara makes my lashes pop out.
- It doesn’t dry out my lashes.
- It has a good brush, with which I can reach all lashes.
- Easy removable.
- It doesn’t smudge during the day.
- There’s no waterproof version.
- Gives my lashes less volume than my favourite mascara, the ‘wake me up’ mascara, also from Rimmel.
- After using this mascara for several months, I don’t see any significant change in the natural colour of my eyelashes.
This is a good mascara, but I don’t think it lives up to its promises. It really doesn’t darken my eyelashes. I have read reviews of people who really thought (and proved!) it did, but it doesn’t seem to work on my lashes I’m sorry to say…