Beauty: Trying out some samples – Fragrances (part II)

Last week you could read part I of this samples post. I gave you my thoughts on some fragrance samples I got at my drugstore. I tried out three more. So let’s see of I like them enough to buy the fullsize version!

Sample: Elie Saab – Le Parfum

Occasion? I used this sample on a shopping afternoon.

First impression? I love this smell. It’s quite heavy, flowery and there’s also some citrus to be detected.

To buy or not to buy? I have bought this perfume before. I only bought it once though, but getting this sample has reminded me of how much I like it, so I might buy it again!

Sample: Cartier – La panthère

Occasion? I used this sample on New Year’s eve.

First impression? Spicy, woody, powerful smell with a hint of rose. Very lady-like. Love it 🙂

To buy or not to buy? The scent was gone fairly quickly so that was a bit of a pity. But I’m intrigued by this fragrance so perhaps I will buy it to try it out!

Sample: Tommy Hilfiger

Occasion? I used this sample to go to work.

First impression? Fresh, fruity, young smell. I’m not blown away by it though. Perfect for teenagers and young women.

To buy or not to buy? If I end up buying this, it would be for my youngest daughter or a niece, definitely not for myself!

Have you tried any of these samples? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!

13 thoughts on “Beauty: Trying out some samples – Fragrances (part II)

movingmrs said:
    January 25, 2018 at 3:58 am

I love testing out the perfume with samples. They are also great to travel with! Great post!

January 25, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Thank you! Yip, easy to take on a trip 🙂 Thanks for your comment. Love, Kathleen

SimpleSerenity said:
    January 24, 2018 at 3:21 pm

I really want to try Ellie Saab fragrance, we don’t have it here unfortunately. So I can’t wait to travel to another country so I can smell it and see do I like it. Lovely post. xx

January 24, 2018 at 6:27 pm

It reminded me slightly of Classique from Jean Paul Gaultier! Thanks for your comment! Love, Kathleen

Karalee said:
    January 24, 2018 at 2:27 pm

I have not tried any of these, but I have about 10 perfume samples to try! I’m really picky when it comes to perfume because a lot of scents are way too strong and give me a headache.

January 24, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Trying out samples is the best way to find out which one you like then! Happy hunting 🙂 Love, Kathleen

A Little Driftless said:
    January 24, 2018 at 1:08 pm

I have not tried any of these scents before, but I am trying to be more experimental with scents lately. The Cartier sounds perfect!

January 24, 2018 at 1:13 pm

It really is a fab smell! Thanks for your vist 🙂

Sreejith said:
    January 24, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Now I know, whom to gift what!:) Great post and thanks for sharing.

January 24, 2018 at 1:11 pm

You’re welcome! Thanks for visiting 🙂

January 23, 2018 at 10:11 am

I have not tried any of these 🙂 but I like using sample before buying the full size. You really can go wrong with parfume if it is not in sink with you skin/body