I already wrote two reviews on foundations on the low end of the budget. Today I give you my thoughts on one that’s slightly more expensive… does it make all the difference paying that much more?! You can read it all here!Here in the beauty section of ‘the good, the fab and the lovely’, you could already two reviews on foundations from the drugstore:
- HD Liquid Coverage from Catrice (6,99 EUR)
- Facefinity Foundation from Max Factor (16,99 EUR)
I do buy the Double Wear Stay in Place foundation from Estée Lauder once in a while. At 42,90 EUR it is 6 times more expensive than the Catrice foundation and 2,5 times more expensive than the Max Faxtor one. Below you can read whether I think it is worth the splurge…
Here’s what I could read on the Estée Lauder website:
The same long-wear makeup you love, now proven to last even longer. Looks flawless and natural. Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear. Won’t change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Lasts through heat and humidity
How to use
The foundation comes in a beautiful glass bottle. Sadly there is no pump or pipette, so you just have to shake the bottle to get some foundation out of it.
You can apply the foundation any way you prefer. I always use a foundation brush as I think that is more economical in use than applying the foundation with your hands.
- This foundation comes with an SPF of 10. This is not enough during summer, but it will do most days of the year.
- 38 different shades… so there really is a foundation for any skin colour!
- This foundation is really long-lasting.
- Perfect for all skintypes.
- Very good coverage.
- Feels light and airy on the skin.
- Oil-free and fragrance-free.
- Apparently it should also last in humid conditions. I haven’t tried that out yet.
- The price (42,90 EUR). It’s six time more expenxive than my Catrice foundation. But compared to other cosmetic store brands, it’s very OK in price!
- It would be much more handy if the bottle came with a pump or pipette to avoid wasting product!
Better than the budget foundations?
Yes… I’m glad to say so! It would be a shame that this would be worse now would it?!
The Catrice foundation is not so good for people with dry skin and it there is no SPF in it. It lasts long, but the Estée Lauder does better on that category!
Compared to the Facefinity from Max Factor, Double Wear lasts longer and the coverage is way better. The Facefinity however has an SPF of 20 which is a big bonus, especially in summer months!
The Double Wear definitely comes in first place. It is one of Estée Lauder’s top products so definitely recommended!
Saying that it is six times better than the Catrice foundation would be a bridge too far… if you don’t have dry skin and you don’t want to pay 42,90 EUR for a good foundation, than the HD Liquid Coverage from Catrice is something for you 🙂
Here you can read a review about another Estée Lauder top product!
3 thoughts on “Beauty ‘n Fashion: Estée Lauder – Double Wear Stay in Place”
I have not used a foundation with a pipet before, maybe I will try one next time.
I lovee this foundation. It’s one of the best that I own. Great post.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It really is the best 😀 Thanks for your comment. Love, Kathleen
LikeLiked by 1 person