I usually buy my beauty products in the drugstore, but sometimes I just can’t resist with pampering myself with some goodies from the beautyshop.
A couple of months ago, there was this promotion in my local beautyshop, so I finally bought an iconic face mask… the Sisley Black Rose Mask!
Some time ago my sister recommended this mask to me and then I got a sample at my beautyshop so I could try it out for myself. I didn’t need much more convincing so when there was a promotion at my local beautyshop, I decided to buy it… but what are my thoughts now that I have tried it several weeks in a row? Read on to find out!
This is wat I could read on the Sisley website:
‘The Black Rose Cream Mask offers the skin “instant youth”. Rich in active anti-aging ingredients (Black Rose, Padina pavonica, and Alkekengi calyx extracts), it immediately gets to work on signs of fatigue and leaves the skin looking youthful and energized. It brings together three actions to restore a luminous complexion and redensified skin in just 10 to 15 minutes: – a smoothing and plumping action, – a revitalizing action, – a softening and hydrating action. Deliciously scented with rose, this soft, creamy mask creates a moment of relaxation and pleasure.’
How to use
I use this face mask once a week. I apply it with a brush (which in my opinion is the most hygienic and economical way!) and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, sometimes even longer! Then I rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can leave it on overnight, but I haven’t tried that out yet as so far I have used it during my morning routine. Should try it out now I come to think of it 🙂
The website advises to use this mask 2 or 3 times a week, but I use it once. I usually do a second facial in the midst of the week, using the L’Oréal Paris Extraordinary Oil Sleeping Cream as a night mask.
- This mask has a lovely, soft and natural fragrance.
- My skin feels intensly hydrated.
- After applying this face mask, my skin immediately looks softer and definitely more radiant.
- It leaves my skin feeling very smooth.
- Economical in use: one tube should be fine for about 15-20 applications.
- When using make-up afterwards, you can still see the result of this mask. Definitely a winner!!
- I bought this face mask during a promotion so I got all these ab fab Sisley samples for free!
- OK, so this face mask is pricey… (about 110 EUR for a 60 ml tube) but when you wait for a promotion like I did, you can probably buy it for about 75-80 EUR. Still pricey, I admit, but let’s make a calculation: I have used this mask 7 times now and I am not halfway through the tube yet, so let’s say that in total I will be able to use it 18 times… I paid 78 EUR, so that means that I only pay 4,3 EUR per application, which makes it very doable in my honest opinion!!!
This face mask has become one of my favourite beauty items. I’m sure I will buy it again, but I will definitely wait for a promotion as the normal price is a bit over the top in my opinion…