Some of you may now that I have already tried tens of concealers. Well, today I will share with you once more a review on a concealer… I’m quite a determinded woman… I won’t give up until I’ve found the perfect concealer! Will the search be over with this one from Nyx? Let’s find out!
This is what I could read on the Nyx website:
“A serious solution for one of beauty’s most challenging problems! No fancy names just a product that can be counted on to do the job. The product glides on without looking thick or obvious. The subtle hint of orange counteracts the appearance of dark circles while natural skin-toned pigments work in unison to provide the ultimate coverage.”
How to use
I normally apply concealer with my fingertips. As this concealer comes in a little jar, it’s not very hygienic to stick your finger into the jar every time. So I apply this concealer with a little brush. I had to get used to this way of working, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I blend in the concealer with a beauty blender or my fingertips.
I tend to use concealer underneath my eyes, on my nose bridge, my nostrils and on my chin. But since this concealer is especially for dark circles, I only use it underneath my eyes to cover those dark circles…
Sometimes I use a second (brighter) concealer on the nose/chin area (when I feel like it anyway!).
- Contains orange pigment which cancels out the blue of the dark circles. Don’t be surprised by the orange-ness (is that a word??) of the concealer… it looks very natural when you’ve put it on!
- Contains coconut oil, which makes this concealer nourishing.
- Because of the coconut oil, the skin underneath my eyes doesn’t dry out during the day.
- Good value for money! Normal price is about 8 EUR but I paid 6 EUR (I think it was…) at Roermond Outlet Village.
- Comes in 4 shades. Make sure you pick the right one for your complexion! The one I bought is ‘fair’, the lightest shade.
- Doesn’t sit in any creases.
- Lasts all day.
- The concealer has a thick consistency, but don’t worry… it won’t come out all cakey! Once you’ve applied it with a brush and blender, it feels lightweight.
- The packaging could be handier, but I soon got the hang of applying concealer with a brush instead of with my fingertips!
Concerning dark circles, this concealer definitely gets me covered!! Really really glad with this find 🙂