Today a final post about our New year’s Eve diner… which is already more than a month ago! Time sure flies… but today I share with you the recipe of the dessert we ate to ring in 2019…
So far, I have already shared with you a couple of blogposts about our New Year’s Eve diner:
And today it’s all about the dessert which we wanted to keep light and fresh… so lemon and lime cheesecake it was! I found this recipe on the website of Mary Berry.
Lemon and lime cheesecake
Ingredients to serve 12: 150 grams of digestive biscuits; 75 grams of butter, 1,5 tbsp of caster sugar, raspberries to garnish, 375 grams of mascarpone, 550 gram of full-fat condensed milk, juice of 2 small lemons, 5 tbsp of lemon curd, finely grated zest and juicde of 3 limes
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a pan an add the crumbs and sugar. Stir well until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 ramekins and press well to make the base.
- Put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the base can firm up.
- Whisk the mascarpone and the condensed milk into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon curd, the lime zest (reserve some for decoration) and lime juice and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the base and level the tops.
- Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours (can be made 24 hours in advance!).
- To serve decorate with raspberries and ethe lime zest.
As I said, this was a very fresh dessert, would be perfect to eat in summer as well!