I usually buy my beauty products at the drugstore, which saves me a lot of money as opposed to the beauty products from a cosmetic store. I am often very satisfied with the result and if I’m not, than at least it didn’t cost me an arm and a leg!
Today I share with you my favourite drugstore beauty buys from the last couple of months.
This mask, which can be used by all skintypes, is really good and really cheap. At only 10 EUR a jar (and often in promotion so you can buy it even cheaper), it really is worth every cent.
When I re-read my review, I must say that I still agree with everything I wrote back then. I recently bought a second jar of this mask. I just love the smell and the way it smooths my skin and makes my pores smaller. The best thing about this mask however is, that it is multi-purpose. You leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes and then you can scrub your face with it before rinsing it off.
These L’Oréal clay masks come in three different versions. I have bought a second one, which I am still testing out. You can expect a review in a couple of weeks time!
I love micellar waters, but this product is just that bit different… it’s a gel. In my opinion it makes it even more economical in use. It took me several months to finish the 500 ml bottle! After this micellar gel, I tried another micellar water this time from Garnier (of which you can read a review soon). I must say that, even though I like this Garnier product, I will definitely buy the Corine de Farme micellar gel again! It’s refreshing, cleansing and it doesn’t dry out my skin.
The bottle of 500 ml only costs about 6 EUR (and you can often buy it cheaper when there’s a promotion) and has a handy pump system.
Thumbs up for this budget buy!!
I must say that at first I wasn’t too excited about this cheap foundation. I applied it with my hands and I just couldn’t ‘glide’ the product over my face if you know what I mean. After a couple of days I decided to use a foundation brush and this made all the difference… I could apply the foundation really well that way!
This foundation is the cheapest I have ever used in my entire life (7 EUR) and I must say that it really is an OK product! Of course no foundation beats the Estée Lauder Double Wear, but at a fraction of the price of the Double Wear foundation, this HD liquid coverage does a good job.
The bottle looks really chique and it has a handy pipette. It gives good coverage and is longlasting. It’s a pity it doesn’t have an SPF, so I will probably not use it in summer months.
People with dry skin won’t be too happy, but if you’ve got normal or oily skin, go for it!
I like the big brush. The mascara doesn’t clump and there’s a waterproof version of it. It’s a long-lasting mascara which smells like… cucumber!
It is by far the best mascara that I have used the past couple of years, so why don’t you give it a try?
One of my very first beauty posts was about coconut oil. In the post I write ‘the best beauty budget buy I did in ages’ and I must say that I still agree. It also took me ages to finish that first jar, a little goes a very long way! Below I list a couple of ways on how to use this coconut oil in the bathroom:
- use it as a bodylotion as it will really hydrate your skin
- use it on your lips to avoid chapped lips
- make a mask with it: use one part of oil with two parts of honey, mix, put it on your face and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water)
- make a scrub with it: use one part of oil and 2 parts of fine granular sugar, mix and use it to scrub your face. You can mix it with coarse salt and use it as a body scrub.
- use it as an eye make-up remover: put a bit of oil between two cotton pads, put the two cotton pads between your hands for a couple of seconds to let the oil melt a bit and then use it to remove all of your eye make-up. It is really soft for your eyes, ever so cheap and 100% natural… what’s not to love about this product?!
- Do you know other ways on how to use coconut oil? Tell me in the comments!
And what are your drugstore beauty secrets? Do tell in the comments as I am always eager to get to know new products!