Time for another recipe! This time I share with you a recipe I made a couple of weeks ago: a pasta oven dish with leek, sweet peppers and ham.
Pasta oven dish
Ingredients to serve 4-6:
350 grams of mini penne, 400 grams of leek (finely chopped), 200 grams of ham (cut into squares), 2 sweet peppers (chopped), 1 bell pepper (chopped), a good bunch of freshly chopped basil, 150 grams of grated cheese, 700 ml of your favorite tomato sauce, 1 can of tomato puree (not in the picture). Seasoning to taste (I added loads of pepper and paprika powder, fresh thyme and rosemary).
The wine you see in above picture was just to please the cook… but I guess you could add a splash in the sauce 😀
- preheat the oven at 200°C
- cook the pasta as recommended
- chop or slice the leek, ham, peppers and basil
- stir-fry the leek and the peppers for a couple of minutes
- add the tomato sauce and tomato puree and let it simmer for a couple of minutes
- add the freshly chopped basil
- season to taste (I added pepper, paprika powder, thyme and rosemary)
- mix in the cooked pasta and the chopped ham
- put it all in an oven dish and cover with grated cheese
- bake in the oven for about 20 minutes
This dish is so easy to make, yet very tasteful. There are a million varieties to this dish, so let your imagination run wild 🙂