At the beginning of the year I bought this rather exclusive and glam Yves Saint Laurent powder : the face palette collecter gypsy opale. You can read my review about this product here.
A couple of months ago I finished this powder and when I saw the MUA Pro-Base Prime and Conceal Powder in my local drugstore I wanted to give it a try… just to compare two similar products with a not so similar price…
- Green : corrects redness
- Purple : clarifies – anti-dullness
- Peach: brightens up the darkness on your skin
- Yellow : radiates – highlighter
- Definitely the price… at only 6,49 EUR this is definitely very cheap for a face powder. And as my local drugstore often does these promotions, I can even buy it for less!
- Gives an even finish.
- Lasts for several hours. A touch up at noon might be necessary.
- Basic but practical package.
- The colours have a good pigmentation.
- I was afraid it being such a cheap powder, that my face would look too powdery… but that is not the case at all!
- The mica in the product normally gives a sparkly effect, but this powder is quite matte. It doesn’t work on the éclat like the YSL powder does.
I must admit that the YSL powder is better… fortunately I’d say… as the price difference is very big. It’s definitely the little sparkling bits that give a much nicer finish in my opinion.
This MUA powder however is great quality in its price range… so when you don’t want to spend too much money on your make-up (or when it’s the end of the month…) this definitely is a good choice! And if you’ve got some cash to spend, why don’t you buy the YSL palette for the weekends?!
Which powder do you use? Let me know!
Here you can read a review about a highlighter I like using.
4 thoughts on “Beauty ‘n Fashion: MUA – Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Powder”
Handy to have all colors in one but on the other hand if you have a preferance for only one 🙂 I use a creme concealer and only under the eyes.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Don’t you use a powder to finish off your make-up? I really couldn’t do without to ‘fix’ my make-up… Thanks for stopping by! Love, Kathleen x
Lovely post! i love the concept of kind of correcting all the colors in one powder compact.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me too… it gives a natural look. Thanks for the read 🙂 Love, Kathleen