At the beginning of the year I bought this rather exclusive and glam Yves Saint Laurent powder : the face palette collecter gypsy opale. You can read my review about this product here.
A couple of months ago I finished this powder and when I saw the MUA Pro-Base Prime and Conceal Powder in my local drugstore I wanted to give it a try… just to compare two similar products with a not so similar price…
- Green : corrects redness
- Purple : clarifies – anti-dullness
- Peach: brightens up the darkness on your skin
- Yellow : radiates – highlighter
- Definitely the price… at only 6,49 EUR this is definitely very cheap for a face powder. And as my local drugstore often does these promotions, I can even buy it for less!
- Gives an even finish.
- Lasts for several hours. A touch up at noon might be necessary.
- Basic but practical package.
- The colours have a good pigmentation.
- I was afraid it being such a cheap powder, that my face would look too powdery… but that is not the case at all!
- The mica in the product normally gives a sparkly effect, but this powder is quite matte. It doesn’t work on the éclat like the YSL powder does.
I must admit that the YSL powder is better… fortunately I’d say… as the price difference is very big. It’s definitely the little sparkling bits that give a much nicer finish in my opinion.
This MUA powder however is great quality in its price range… so when you don’t want to spend too much money on your make-up (or when it’s the end of the month…) this definitely is a good choice! And if you’ve got some cash to spend, why don’t you buy the YSL palette for the weekends?!
Which powder do you use? Let me know!