I don’t know about you, but I’m done with winter… a couple of weeks ago I posted a quote by Albert Camus : “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer”. This quote sums it up really, so bring back summer pretty please!
But in the meanwhile I’ll just pretend I am packing for a weekend break to the sun… The HomeAway site is a perfect start to plan your trip to the sun. Browsing the site can be pretty addictive and can cause major dilemma-itis… don’t say I didn’t warn you! Chosing the destination is up to you, but for now I’ll help you with making a checklist of what to pack for a trip to the sun…
- a bikini and a pareo for an afternoon by the poolside
- a comfortable but stylish outfit for a trip to the local market (like the one I posted here)
- a beautiful floral maxi dress for that al fresco diner (here and here are two options)
- a fab flipflop to stroll to the beach
- a great sneaker for those city walks
- some lovely wedges to wear under your evening dress… comfortable yet stylish!
- Iphone…I’m honest enough to admit I couldn’t leave my house without my Iphone!
- my Nikon camera as I always take heaps of phots on our trips and that’s why, my dearest followers, I can treat you to lovely tips ‘n trips posts here on my blog!
I try to pack my beautycase as light as possible as you could see in this post. Micellar water, CC cream, hydrating shower foam,… multi-task products are at the top of my list! Don’t forget your sunscreen protector and after sun when going to the sun…
- travel guide : when going on a holiday, weekend break or even on a daytrip, I am always prepared. Sometimes people joke about it, but I won’t be the one standing for a closed door or paying a huge entry fee… I always do my homework beforehand to avoid bad surprises like that… So before leaving, I search the net for interesting places to visit, cute little restaurants, 2 for 1 deals,… But I couldn’t do without a good travel guide. My favourites are the green Michelin Guides and the Rough Guides.
- novel : besides my travel guide, I will always take a good read, like one of Maeve Binchy’s novels. In this post you could read why she is my favourite author!
Now… what would you pack for an amazing weekend away to the sun? Do you miss summer already? Tell me in the comments!