Can I sing? NO! Do I like singing… OH YES 🙂 I sing in the car, when I’m in the bath tub, I sing and whistle whilst working and I even sing when I don’t even know I’m singing… Sometimes to the frustration of the people in my vicinity.
Many people see singing as an art form, as something you should only do when you can hold the tune, which makes them apprehensive to burst into singing. Singing is also often seen as something very personal and that is often why people prefer to keep their mouths shut in front of others.
From the moment children are aware that they might sing out of tune and people may laugh with them, they stop singing in public which is so sad I think. No matter what age, singing is so much fun… and there are many advantages to singing:
- It is extremely relaxing.
- Research has shown that by singing, the concentration increases significantly.
- Singing lowers the blood pressure.
- Singing helps to ease physical and mental pain.
- Whilst singing, you breathe more actively, which increases the amount of oxygen in your body.
- People who sing daily have a healthier cardiovascular system.
- Whist singing, you train your breathing muscles.
- Whilst singing, you can’t possibly worry!
There must be many more advantages about singing. The best part is that singing can certainly boost your energy!
My favourite songs to sing out loud
- Don’t stop me now – Queen
- Piano Man – Billy Joel
- Sitting on the dock of the bay – Otis Redding (including the whistling part of course!)
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- The boys are back in town – Thin Lizzy
- Black – Pearl Jam
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Fuck you – Lily Allen
- I bet you look good on the dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
- Paradise by the dashboard light – Meatloaf
- Let’s go crazy – Prince
Which songs do you like to sing to out loud? If you don’t sing out loud, I’ve got a challenge for you… make a list of favourite songs and everyday you sing along with at least one of them… out loud! You’ll have such a fabulous time, I promise! And do people complain because you sing out of tune? Too bad for them…