I like Tiramisu, the Italian dessert with mascarpone, ladyfingers, amaretto. But there are many variations to be made. Today I share with you a version with Oreo cookies and Cointreau… YUM!
Oreo cookies tiramisu
Ingredients (for 4)
120 grams of Oreo cookies, 4 eggs (keep yolks and whites apart), 80 grams of fine sugar, 2 tablespoons of Cointreau, 250 grams of mascarpone, cocoa powder
How to make?
- Crumble the Oreo cookies and put them in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 40 grams of the fine sugar and the Cointreau. Whisk long enough, make sure the mixture is very light yellow.
- Add the mascarpone and keep whisking until it’s one smooth mixture.
- Clean your whiskers, put the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until nice and stiff. Add 40 grams of sugar whilst whisking.
- Use a spatula to spoon the egg whites carefully into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use half of the crumbled Oreo cookies on the bottom of 4 glasses, spoon over half of the mascarpone mixture. Make another layer of crumbled Oreo cookies and spoon over the remainder of the mascarpone mixture.
- Finish off the glasses with some cocoa powder and/or some more crumbled cookies.
- Put the glasses into the fridge for at least 5 hours…