I’ve already got a couple of eyeshadow palettes from Catrice, as you could read here, but when I read the review of the Essence “All About Vintage” palette from the blog “By Isabelle” I couldn’t resist buying it…
At only 3,99 EUR I really wanted to give it a try as I immediately fell for the colours. And, as with the Catrice palettes, I can say that I am utterly satisfied with this product… so satisfied that I recently bought the “All about greys” palette as well!
Both palettes have 8 beautiful colours, with good pigmentation (and that at only 3,99 EUR!). The colours all go well with my complexion and the colour of my eyes.
I can use the colours of both palettes in many different combinations. And although I normally go for a soft make-up, if I want to, I can really build up on colour.
The eyeshadows are very soft to use and they blend really well. I wear contacts and using these eyeshadows doesn’t bother me at all.
“All about vintage” :
Top row colours :
- a white highlighter and a very soft beige/yellow : I use these colours for highlighting or at the sides of my glabella to catch the light.
- a soft green : this colour is my favorite of the palette. I use it on the outer parts of my eyelid and in my crease. The colour goes well with my eyes I think.
- a dark green : I especially use this colour as an eyeliner. But on occassions where I can have a bit of a bolder make-up, I use it on the outer corner of my eyelid and in my crease.
Lower row colours :
- a soft pink : I mainly use this colour in combination with the soft green. It is the only matte colour of the palette.
- a light beige : this colour I use as a highlighter or on the sides of my glabella.
- a soft bronze : I use this colour in combination with the soft pink. I really love the softness of the colour.
- a dark brown : I use this dark brown mainly as an eyeliner.
“All about greys” :
Top row – the cold greys:
- a white highlighter : this is a matte colour which can be used as a highlighter. I mainly use it just below my eyebrows or at the sides of my glabella.
- a silvery grey : this colour has got a very nice shine to it. I use it mainly as a highligher in the inner corner of my eyelid.
- a slightly darker grey : this colour is perfect to use in the outer parts of my eyelid.
- a charcoal grey : this colour is also matte and it really is like charcoal! I use it as an eyeliner and once I have used it to accentuate the outer parts of my eyelids… but it is really dark, so more appropriate for a party make-up.
Lower row – the warm greys :
- eggshell : this colour is perfect as a highlighter.
- light grey : this soft light grey colour can be used both as a highlighter or as a base colour to build up your make-up.
- taupe : this warm taupe colour is my favorite of this palette. I use it often in combination with the light grey and the eggshell of the lower row. I also combine this taupe with the soft pink or the light beige of the “all about vintage” palette.
- charcoal glitter : this last colour is a real festive one… lots of glitters going on there… perfect for the coming festive season!
As I already said I am very satisfied with these palettes. These eyeshadows will certainly be part of my make-up during the festive season as you can really build up on colour and glitter.
So thank you again By Isabelle for your review which made me buy these palettes!