Fashion: Checkered blouse

DSC_1997
The first item I bought from the spring collection was this checkered blouse. I was in a fashion store with my daughters and we were all trying on stuff… my daughter from 13, the one from 19 and me… and guess what… we all found something we liked (what did you expect…) 🙂

I like this cute blouse… the print, the collar, the stretchy fabric… Today I’m combining it with my fab black midi skirt. I wear this skirt quite often and throughout the year (as you can see here and here!).

The blouse is quite versatile. I’ve worn it in a more casual way with my black skinnies and my black blazer and also with my cropped pants. That was a cool but very comfortable outfit!

But today a more chic combination… with my electric blue clutch (which I bought at Chatsworth House in the Peak District last year!), my silver pumps from Tamaris, my red lipstick from Dior… and I’m off to meet some friends at the pub!

The only jewels I wear are my pearl earrings from the Royal Collection. I bought them at Buckingham Palace when we were there a couple of years ago.

This blouse is the perfect transition piece… it takes me from winter to spring in a flash!

Do you like this outfit? Tell me in the comments!

Here you see a summer outfit with the same clutch.
DSC_1989

DSC_1955

DSC_1953

DSC_1949

DSC_1944

DSC_1926

DSC_1918

DSC_1906

Photography : Elizabeth Kluskens

6 thoughts on “Fashion: Checkered blouse

Gemma said:
    April 2, 2016 at 6:01 pm

What a beautiful outfit Kathleen, I love the clutch bag and blouse they are both totally gorgeous. Love the story of where you got the bag and earrings from too. I would love to go to Chatsworth house, My bother went there only a couple of months ago and was telling me all about his trip. Have a lovely weekend. Gemma x

April 2, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Chatsworth is totally awesome (but was sooo busy when we visited it!!). Typically me to buy a clutch there 😀 And the earrings from Buckingham Palace!! We were there a couple of years ago and whilst my hubbie and son went to a football game, me and my girls went to visit the palace and had tea with the queen!! (well… in the pop up cafe that is…) Have a fab Saturday evening and thanks for stopping by! Kathleen

bapalaya said:
    April 2, 2016 at 4:39 pm

That blouse is so lovely and I love the pop of cobalt! 😍

April 2, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Thanks for the lovely comment! I’m so in love with my cobalt blue clutch… Love, Kathleen

nancy said:
    April 2, 2016 at 9:42 am

What a stunning outfit, I love that look . And that cobalt clutch is so perfect with it!

April 2, 2016 at 10:26 am

Thank you so much for this lovely comment 🙂 have a great day! Love, Kathleen x